Wednesday, August 8, 2007

COMPASS Day Shelter will benefit our city

I submitted a letter to the Daily Progress editor in response to Seth Rosen's July 30, 2007 article entitled "Businesses fret over site of shelter - Fear impact of homeless." I believe that the COMPASS Day Shelter will be a great asset to our community and be a major step in working with homeless members of our community. COMPASS will provide a variety of services to improve opportunities for our homeless population. Rather than fearing the impact of homeless people in our downtown, I encourage the downtown business community to join with COMPASS in addressing problems of housing and jobs facing many in our community. I hope you will take the time to read my letter that was published in the August 8, 2007 issue of the Daily Progress under the title "Shelter would have positive impact."

No comments: