Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Kleeman for Council Blog Begins

Elect Peter T. Kleeman
  • Citizen Advocate
  • Engaged Planner
  • Professional Problem Solver
  • Lifelong Learner
for an Independent, Informed City Council


It is now four months until the Charlottesville VA City Council Election that will occur on November 6, 2007. I plan to share with you through this blog a broad range of information about me, my candidacy, my thoughts on the council campaign, where I stand on current and emerging issues before the city council that will shape our lives in Charlottesville, and other material I believe will help you be an informed voter on election day - November 6, 2007.

I have also set up a campaign website at http://home.earthlink.net/~kleemanforcouncil/ and encourage you to visit there from time to time between now and election day. There is much to do in preparation for the campaign. Background material to prepare, palm cards to design, material to distribute to potential voters, people to call, meetings to organize, forums to attend, and much, much more. Fortunately, I have friends and supporters to help me in many of these tasks. I hope you, too, will appreciate what I offer as a candidate for city council and will help me become your city councilor and an active voice for Charlottesville's citizens on council.

I am running as an independent Candidate and if elected will be the first independent candidate ever to be elected to the Charlottesville City Council. I hope my success in getting elected will encourage others to run as independents in the future. I look forward to a positive and lively conversation about the future of Charlottesville in the campaign and ask you to support me in this effort.

I have little experience in blogging, but I anticipate posting to this blog will be another fun and educational experience along with the many other campaign experiences ahead.

Your comments, suggestions, and ideas are always welcome. You can send your thoughts to my campaign email address at kleemanforcouncil@earthlink.net

Visit the Kleeman for Council homepage.

All postings are paid for and authorized by Kleeman for Council

No comments: